July 29, 2010

B-day Elephant

I haven't been posting for a few days, but I have been working on something... I will post it as soon as I gift it to the person it's for :) Can't post before the future owner sees it to not spoil the surprise! ;)

For now, I have a card I made for the 21st Color Challenge on Just For Fun Rubber Stamps blog. The colors are blue, gray, and yellow. This is my first time ever making a card for a challenge! =)


The little vellum window is for a cupcake that's inside.. But I couldn't get the card to close and stay closed by itself.. =/ So I had to take another picture, holding it closed with my fingers. =)


The elephant is from the Small Elephant set by Hot Off the Press, colored with Prismacolor pencils; it is mounted on double-sided foam tape. The sentiment  I wrote freehand with Liquid Pearls... And I used Stickles glitter glue around the window =)

Here's the inside...


I haven't figured out who I'll give this card to yet, it'll be with me for now. But when I'll figure out who it's going to be, I will most likely decorate the inside a little more, and personalize it... And, of course, write something fitting =) Oh, and the cupcake is from the Birthday Cupcake set by Inkadinkado that I use so much lately.. :)