August 9, 2010

Altered Tin

Up until a few weeks ago, I have done only cards. But then.. I had this tin from Altoids mints lying around, and those little boxes are just so great, I can never make myself throw them out. At the same time I was looking for something original and useful that I could make as a souvenir for a friend.. And that's how I came to trying out altering an Altoids tin! :) I found out that it's actually a pretty popular tin to alter, and I enjoyed looking at a lot of different beautiful designs online...

And here is... the first Altoids box that I've ever altered! :D

I was not making it for anyone in particular, so the design is more for "prettiness" rather a message for a friend.

Top:

Both the top and the bottom are basically collages stamped on a white cardstock, colored with Prismacolor pencils, and then distressed with the "Vintage Photo" Distress ink.. With Stickles glitter glue to finish it up and add some highlights and happiness to the collage :)

Bottom:

The stamps I have used are from the following sets: Doodle flowers by Inkadinkado, Lucky ladybugs and Make a wish from the Sarah Phelps collection, Sparkle clear: Tea by Hero Arts, and Series 14 by Studio G.

I really love how this box came out, and it is a lot thanks to the ribbons... Here's a better view of how the ribbons look on the front:


Don't these two ribbons just go together perfectly? :) I think they do... And their sizes fit the box perfectly, too... It is so hard to find ribbons whose sizes fit this box, my friend Laura even joked about how I should ask the ribbon companies to make more pretty ribbons that fit Altoids tins :D

Anyway.. This was my first attempt, and I liked it a lot :)