Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Wood-burning: Totoro

Here's another wood-burning project that I did in my last few days in Russia, and then colored when I was already back in the USA. It is a picture of Totoro (the cute main character from the Japanese "My Neighbor Totoro"). :) And it was a birthday present for one of my good friends. :)


I started out coloring it with watercolor paint, but it bled more than I expected it to, and I ended up buying some acrylic paints to use on this picture. This was my first time ever using acrylics, but I think they worked out well. :)


The back is pure wood-burning. And Russian is my nickname at college. :)

1 comment:

  1. wood burning!!! I don't think that concept for art has ever registered in my mind! The pieces you made look absolutely amazing!! I'm using a lot of exclamation marks, sorry. But I hope you enjoy the paint, too - it looks wonderful.

    I actually like gouache paints a lot, but I have no idea if it would work well on wood. I don't think it would bleed, and I think they're easier to blend with water than with acrylic.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! :) And, I love reading your comments! :)