Thursday, December 30, 2010

Winter Sparkle

Here's a New Year card I made for another friend :) This one is pretty simple, but very sparkly! Without any more prelude, I will go on to the card.

Here it is!
*click on image to enlarge*

I love my Hero Arts "Create Your Own" set... I can make snowmen with different faces, hats, buttons, and add a scarf or a broom if I like. :D I actually ended up putting some lime green Stickles to highlight some of the top of the broom... But I forgot to retake the picture after I did that.

I used the cool highlights micro-fine glitter to make the snow-sparkly background.. Very easy to do with some wide double-sided tape and no need to buy any special blue glitter paper ;) Since the glitter is micro-fine, it doesn't rub off, and actually feels pretty smooth.

*click on image to enlarge*

On the inside, I added some vellum paper and more stamps from the same Hero Arts set. And some Stickles in the corners of the vellum. That's it! :)

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Products I used:
  • Stamps: Hero Arts - Create Your Own (Snowman)
  • Inks: Distress - broken china, peeled paint, worn lipstick, vintage photo; Versa Color - royal blue; Memories - black
  • Stickles glitter glue: turquoise
  • Glitter: Jewel Glitter Ritz - cool highlights
  • Embossing: Denami clear embossing powder
  • PrismaColor pencils
  • Vellum: Christmas trees

6 comments:

  1. Hi Xushenka
    A gorgeous card,thankyou for joining us at CraftyCatz,
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 2011, Love the card thanks for playing on OSAAT Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card! I love the image and colors you chose. That snowman is too cute! Thanks for playing with us over at Paper Playtime this week. Hope to see you there again in the New Year :)

    michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, made more special by the shimmer!

    Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! The snowman is just great and I love how you did the inside with the hat on the 'f'! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely card and thanks for joining us at crafty catz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! :) And, I love reading your comments! :)