Monday, February 14, 2011

Food Love

In today's card I used a stamp that I got about half a year ago... I was waiting to use it for a specific friend's birthday, and I really wanted this image to be a surprise for her. So, I waited, even though it was really hard, because this stamp is just too cute! :)

Today is also the first day of a new House Mouse and Friends challenge... I am entering this card there, because this stamp is definitely a favorite for me. :) I love the fully-satisfied-with-life look on the mouse's face... And the bitten marshmallows.. :)

On to the card, then!

...I did not pick a good time of day to photograph this, the lighting is a bit dark... 

*click the image to enlarge*

I wanted to make the card really colorful and ended up layering papers. I Cuttlebug-embossed them and used mounting tape for dimension. Plus, some stickles and ribbon.. I doubt I can do without those. :)

*click the image to enlarge*

For the inside, I simply stamped some little decorative images on white cardstock, colored them with Prismacolor pencils, cut out, and taped to the card. I used the Glitter Ritz cool highlights all over the butterfly and the balloons, and they really do shine! It turned out hard to photograph it though. :/ But here are my attempts to capture the details... :)

Oh, and the "Happy Birthday" sentiment was stamped in white and heat-embossed with some clear powder. :) I added random colors of Stickles to the dots, too..

*click the image to enlarge*

*click the image to enlarge*

Thank you for visiting! :) 

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Products I used:
  • Stamps: House Mouse - Sugar crash; Sarah Phelps - Lucky ladybugs, Make a wish; Recollections - Doodle birthday; Studio G - series 14
  • Inks: Memories - black; Colorbox - frost white
  • Embossing: Cuttlebug - With love, Swiss dots, D'vine swirls; Denami Design - clear embossing powder
  • Stickles - orange peel, purple, turquoise, waterfall, lime green, golden rod, star dust
  • Glitter Ritz - cool highlights
  • PrismaColor pencils
  • Beacon's 3-in-1 glue, Scotch dot roller, Be Creative tape

11 comments:

  1. This is wonderful Xushenka! The image is done so well and I love all the little extra on the inside. Once again your writing is so beautifully done--and straight!! LOL Great card! I'm sure your friend will love it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable project! Thanks for joining us at House Mouse & Friends Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards hun. Thank you so much for joining us at Crafts and Me for our challenge this time. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a bright fun card you have come up with. I love that little image too. The inside is even more fun with all that sparkly. Thanks for joining us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday challenge.

    Hugs
    Sue Drees

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely colourful card. Great House Mouse image!
    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. ACK... I have not seen this HM before. how darn adorable. Fun fun card. Thanks for joining us at House Mouse and Friends Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous card!!!! I love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WAY too cute! Lots of details. Thanks so much for playing along with us at House-Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card, stunning colours and details and I just love the beautifully coloured cute image.

    So glad you could join us at the House Mouse & Friends Monday challenge.
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh so many fun details and dimension! Thanks for sharing your darling creation with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge! Sue K

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love this image and what a great card you made for your friend. Thank you for joining the House Mouse favourite stamp challenge!
    Hugs
    Anne
    Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! :) And, I love reading your comments! :)