Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Marshmallows and Mice

Oh, I've missed making cards! I have finally taken enough time out of this weekend to make a card for my friend's birthday that was on Sunday. And I love the way it came out. Yay! :)

I used a bunch of micro-fine glitter and my favorite Hanko paper with a fall design to decorate the front. The stamp is from House-Mouse, and I popped the middle mouse up on foam tape so she actually is in front of the tin. :) Colored with Prismacolor pencils.

*click on the image to enlarge*

Here's the inside:
*click on the image to enlarge*

I put some ColorBox chalk inks on the CuttleBug folder before embossing the yellow part. For the purple inside rectangle I just dabbed the chalk ink pad right on there.

To make the glittery pattern (on background), I first put thin double-sided tape on the base cardstock and then masked it with a ribbon that looks like this:


I then put the purple glitter and took the ribbon off. Now, the golden glitter can fill in the area that was masked. :) So, the golden lines are basically what the ribbon looks like. I did the same glitter/masking technique for the diamond pattern that's in the middle. (Except I used a different ribbon and colors!)

Thank you for stopping by! :)

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Products I used:
  • Stamps: House-Mouse - Marshmallow bounce
  • Inks: Memories - black; ColorBox chalk - rouge, warm violet, rose coral, warm red
  • Embossing: CuttleBug - Swiss dots
  • Glitter Ritz - purple, sand, lime green
  • Ribbon
  • Hanko paper

4 comments:

  1. So glad you found time to make some cards...and that you joined us for a fun challenge! Those mice look like they are having fun too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love the netting and your coloring on this stamped image is fantastic. Love how you popped up the little mouse in front. Thanks for joining us at House Mouse and Friends Monday.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card :-) I am sure your friend loved this ! The image is adorable and I love the glittery paper too, the technique you used to do it is fantastic ! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the HM&F Monday Challenge :) We have a new theme starting tomorrow, I hope you join in :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! :) And, I love reading your comments! :)