Today's card is a birthday one for a close friend of mine. I really enjoyed coloring it. :) The ice cream that the cute House Mouse mice are preparing to eat was interesting to color, since not much detail is drawn out. For some reason my roommates were sure it was a cupcake. They said it's because I picked blue for the ice cream color.. Although a quick Google search proved such ice creams exist. :) The recipient's favorite color is blue - thus the abundance of blue in the card.
The bright flowers above were stamped and colored to match the ribbon for color unity. I also covered the petals with Perlen Pen Magic Transparent for texture. I love the way they look! Here's a close-up:
On the inside, I wanted to have a decent amount of writing space as well as some extra decorations. I decided to put four "mini-cards" inside the big card, and came up with this:
Each little card opens, and I had to put ties so that it's possible to have them all completely closed and enjoy the beach scene with the cat and the penguin. :)
The cat is being healthy and drinking pineapple juice while the penguin is drinking a Sex on the Beach cocktail - still chilled, thanks to Faerie Glass dewdrops. ;) It's really hard to notice in the picture, but the glass also has Diamond Glaze in the parts where there are no dewdrops, so that it looks as real as possible. :) This is the best close-up I could get of it:
The inside of the mini-cards only has clear embossing, writing, and Stickles (in star dust).
Overall, I am really happy with the card. I wasn't sure how well the mini-cards would work, and I had to adjust the crease of the main blue card into a little accordion so that it's possible to close it without any damage. I also had to use some string to keep the big orange accordion piece from folding the wrong way no matter what. The two string pieces are between each outside panel and the main blue card.
Thank you for visiting today! :)
I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Products I used:
- Stamps: House-Mouse - Mice cream celebration; Magenta - Soaking it in; The Cat's Pajamas - Salud; Inkadinkado - Flower garden, Doodle flowers; Sarah Phelps - Lucky ladybugs, Make a wish; Hero Arts - Playful animals
- Inks: Memnto - tuxedo black; Versa mark
- Denami clear embossing powder
- Perlen Pen Magic Tranparent; Glitter liner - sapphire
- Diamond glaze
- Stickles: star dust, yellow, orange peel, firefly, waterfall, fruit punch, magenta, purple, golden rod
- Faerie glass dewdrops
- Copics, Faber Castell PITT pen (XS, black)
- Mouline string
- Beacon 3-in-1 glue, Scotch permanent dot roller