July 14, 2011

Penguin - Birthday

I started this card for one of the sketch challenges over at the Peachy Keen stamps blog... But I finished it so late that I didn't have enough time to photograph it well and post it up in time. It's okay though, because I'm really happy with the way the card came out, and that's the most important aspect, I think. :)

I used a Cat's Pajamas penguin stamp, I love those! :) I also used some gorgeous Hanko paper for the background... It's a pastel violet color with a shimmering gold and silver design. 

The red ribbon used to be a Victoria's Secret bag handle.. Yay recycling! And the sentiment was printed from a Word document straight onto the Bazzill paper.

*click on the image to enlarge*


The inside is simple.. But I am really pleased with the way it came out, and I will probably use this way of decorating often from now on.. with different stamps. ;) The flowers are all the same stamp, stamped with Distress inks and then colored with watercolor paints. 

*click on the image to enlarge*

That's it.. This was a very simple card. :) Thank you for stopping by! :)

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Products I used:
  • Stamps: The Cat's Pajamas - Hola tequila; Inkadinkado - All about borders, Birthday cupcake
  • Inks: Memories - black; Colorit - black; Distress: worn lipstick, peeled paint, barn door, broken china, spiced marmelade
  • Stickles: purple, golden rod, fruit punch, orange peel, star dust
  • Denami clear embossing powder
  • Paper: Hanko, Bazzill, vellum
  • Watercolors, PrismaColor pencils
  • Beacon's 3-in-1 glue, Scotch dot roller, foam tape, Diamond Glaze