January 16, 2013

Mouse Tea-Time

Hello!

I've been even more behind on making (and blogging about) cards than usually.. But here's the latest one. :)

It was for a friend's birthday, and it's pretty simple. :) The image is by House-Mouse, colored with Copic markers. I just realized that the card I posted before this one also used this image! However, there I colored it with Prismacolor pencils. I just started coloring with Copics this summer, and I love it so much. :D As opposed to pencils, the first thing I noticed is that they don't break (..obviously) and that is wonderful. With pencils, that was always a huge problem for me. Also, I definitely love the multitude of different shades of gray and beige that Copics have!

The tea tag is propped up on thick double-sided tape, so it really pops out. I also covered the sugar cubes in Glitter Ritz cool highlights glitter, so they look more like sugar. :) The roses I made myself, pretty much just twisting the ribbon while wrapping it around, very simple.




I love the little chicks! I think they add a lot of liveliness to the composition. :)



The letters on the inside of the card I also made myself, just draw them, color in with a Copic marker, put thin double-sided tape on, cut them out, and put glitter on. I colored them before the glitter so that the white of the cardstock does not peek out from under the glitter. (This was easier than looking for matching cardstock and glitter colors..)


When I first got this House-Mouse stamp, I had no idea how to incorporate it, but when I started putting the inside of this card together, it looked so natural for the mouse to hold one of the letters. :)


That's about it. :) Thank you for stopping by! :)

Products that I used:
  • Stamps: House-Mouse - We're "mint tea" be together, Party mouse (Monica); Stampendous! - Chick family; Inkadinkado - All about borders; Hero Arts - Untitled postmark
  • Inks: Memento - Tuxedo black; Versa mark; PearlEx - Metallic color (gold)
  • Glitter Ritz - regal red, granny smith, lime green, buttered yam, purple, sand, cool highlights
  • Stickles - lavender, star dust
  • Dimond glaze
  • Embossing powders: Denami Design - clear
  • Dry embossing: Cuttlebug - With love; Sizzix - Checkerboard
  • Paper, ribbon, Copic markers
  • Shaped scissors - Provo Craft; Fiskars - ripple
  • Be Creative double-sided tape; Beacon 3-in-1 glue